Hibiscus, Hibiscus sabdariffa, Whole Flower Petals ~ Sacred Herbs and Spices from Schmerbals Herbals®
Also Check Out:
~ Schmerbals Herbals
*These products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and therefore we cannot claim to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All information on our site is provided for historical background and educational purposes only.
Please consult your physician about any medical concern you may have; and educate yourself thoroughly about any herbs and their potential contraindications before any type of use.
International Buyers – Please visit our eBay store:Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying and as to whether or not this product is prohibited. We can not be held responsible for damage during shipping. Nor are we liable for any damage or seizure by customs officials.
Here is the background info that led us to conclude this Cautionary Label is appropriate:
• In the inspection and processing of a 14,000 lb. shipment of conventional hibiscus we received in February 2021, we discovered about a dozen peanut shell remnants (each less than 1/2 inch in size). That would equate to finding a total of 4 or 5 peanut shells in 14,000 pounds of product received.
• Importantly, no peanuts were found in the hibiscus (only peanut shell remnants).
• Investigating the issue, we became aware that intercropping of hibiscus and peanuts presents a risk of peanut shell remnants showing up in hibiscus cut & sift products. We’ve confirmed with our overseas hibiscus suppliers that such intercropping is common and that they can’t guarantee all peanut shell remnants will be sorted out in processing.
• Looking at industry practice, we noted several other U.S. hibiscus suppliers provide the sort of cautionary language we’ve adopted.
• After conferring with FDA counsel, we added the cautionary label to all of our hibiscus cut & sift products. While the incidence of peanut shell remnants appears to be very low, we wanted to make our customers aware of this possibility.